Saturday, March 8, 2008

I am risen!

That was sooo sacrilegious, wasn't it... I didn't mean it like that...I was just thinking about how it feels to be finally getting over being deathly ill in the context of Lent and Easter. :) That's it. Just as a sidenote, why can't we spell it "sacreligious"? Isn't that more logical? Why must we switch the e and i?

Well, I'm glad none of you (if any straggling readers still exist) are not here to hear me coughing and hacking. That is one of the lingering remnants of influenza B. And it's not very becoming. Still, at least I feel normal, i can sleep, eat and swallow and I am no longer in extreme discomfort! It's a miracle.

I'm not GLAD that Robbie is starting to get sick now too, but I just have to say how completely annoying it was to hear him constantly brag about being the only one in the family to not get sick. He said it was his superior Texas genetic makeup that made him impervious to germs. So today when it became more and more obvious that he was feeling increasingly under the weather, starting with him rummaging through the medicine cabinets looking for allergy meds, "because I think my allergies are acting up from the dust in the basement", then at Target when he loaded up on not one, but two different daytime/nighttime combo packs of various cold/flu and allergy medication, and finally when he said he needed to "just lie down for a few minutes", you can imagine my amusement at his attempts to deny the obvious.

When he wanted to get out of bedtime routine for the kids, etc. I told him, "You know, I have just floods of compassion welling up for you that I'd love to release, but you have to say the magic words. Until then, you're not getting out of anything and I can't be sweet to you." "Huh? What words?" "You know, you have to admit - I have the flu too-" Then I thought I'd add that he needed to renounce his words about Texas superiority as well. By the time I was done, all he could say was, "Hey, that sounds like a magic paragraph, not magic words."

No cool rags or soup or sleeping for you buddy, until you eat those words you've been spewing out all week!

No comments: