I haven't had the best morning. I have been trying to at least make it to the All-School Mass once a week right after I drop off the kids. I like seeing them sitting with their classes oh so impeccably behaved! (Why can Jimmy be so good at school, and so naughty/whiny with me?!) I used to go when Jimmy was little, when Barbara was in K4, then with Sammy as a baby. Back then I only had one little one in my arms at a time. Now, with Leo and Sammy it can be quite the challenge, and Sam has not been cooperating much at all! It is SOOOO darn quiet too- the school kids are so well behaved, which I guess is good, but no one else wiht young kids seems to come except for me, so when Sammy makes noise I feel like everyone turns to look and the school kids are distracted and want to turn to see (and they all know Sam and he yells BYE! to them on the way back from Communion!) I feel like, "Don't you WANT me to be here, God?? I'm trying!!??"
Today I only got through part of the homily and then had to take them to the back room. While sitting in there I glanced over at the mirror on the door and I just felt so upset, seeing how chubby I am now. I don't even recognize myself! I feel so embarrassed about how I look and I have a hard time dealing with the fact that it's going to take a while to lose the weight. I wish I could at least get the ball rolling. I have been jogging a few days a week, and I'm trying to get back on the "Good Mood Diet" plan. I just feel like I can't stand it being this weight! :( So sorry for the vent!! I just have a migraine coming on and my period is coming back and I am crabby! I should go nap with the little guys and hopefully I'll feel more optimistic this afternoon.
3 comments:
Liz! God bless you. I could have written this post myself several times in the last couple of years!! :) I'm sending up a prayer for you right now.
Oh, Liz! Don't feel bad about missing mass. I want so much to take the kids but my boys are just too hard to control by myself. I know it's tough to skip out when you feel like you "should" be going. Eventually the kids will grow up and you'll be able to enjoy the luxury of going to mass again!
As for the weight issues, I can relate. I gain a good 75 lbs with each pregnancy. It's so hard to lose it afterward! I gave up after number four. Now I'm starting out WAY BIGGER than ever before with number five. My advice: Do NOT look in the mirror. I can deal with extra fat if I don't see myself. I know how hard it is to remember this, but it really doesn't matter how you look as long as you're trying to be a good person. And YOU are!
I have to remind myself of this every day. It's really hard, however, when most women appear to hardly gain any weight when they're pregnant. I don't know how that's possible, but it happens! Lucky them! For the rest of us, however, we have work sooo hard to shed the pounds and keep the weight down.
Hang in there. I give you credit for trying. I used You On A Diet after I had #3, and it worked like no other diet I've ever tried. Let me know if you want more details. I always enjoy trying new diets. Good luck!
Thanks ladies!
Christine your advice makes me laugh so hard- just don't look in the mirror! You know, it's true, I'll be doing great and then I'll see a photo or a mirror and be soo discouraged!
I do get frustrated sometimes because I work SO hard at it and you'd never guess it to look at me, while other moms effortlessly are back to being skinny.
Thanks for the comments and I'd love to hear more about the YOU on a diet -always looking for more tips to add to my arsenal!
Post a Comment