3 days of bad sleep due to everyone waking up b/c of the heat and humidity and no A/C upstairs + early wake up for school + late nights of having to make lunches and clean up and get everything else done = me feeling very down in the dumps and bad. For some reason the lack of sleep really makes me feel postpartumy and sad! Well at least I can try to nap now with Leo and Sam and hope that helps... And at least it is my birthday on Saturday which Robbie always makes fun, so that will help too.
3 comments:
Oh, how I feel your pain! I have been struggling with lack of sleep and a serious "slump" myself recently. Hang in there! Eventually you'll get back into the swing of the new routine.
And I just want to mention that I am with you on the lunches! I only have to make a lunch for my hubby every night, but it drives me crazy!!! After I feed everyone dinner (and half of my kids refuse to feed themselves) and clean it all up, I feel like making a lunch for the next day is a just a cruel slap in the face! The whole dinner/bedtime routine is so brutal! And of course, it has to happen at the end of day when you're already exhausted. Keep plugging along. Eventually they'll be all grown up and you'll sad and lonely thinking fondly of these miserably crazy days!
You've described the scenario exactly- ha ha! It IS like a cruel slap in the face! I try to have them help me pack up lunches and their snacks (they each have to bring a snack and water bottle!) during/around dinner prep, which can get crazy, but at least when it's time to clean up I can just clean up everything and be done with it instead of having to take out all the food and things all over again! It's grueling sometimes when you are already exhausted, but you're right someday we will miss these days so better to live in the moment!
Do you have a big box window fan for your bedrooms? That's what we use, and I seriously have been chilly these past few nights--sleeping with a comforter! I'll send up an Ave for you today!!! :)
Post a Comment