Monday night, Robbie and I got a movie out from the library and stayed up late watching it. Then when we did finally go to bed, I couldn't fall asleep. Then Leo woke up to nurse and after putting him back down, I still couldn't sleep and was worrying about things. I got up and went upstairs to check on the kids and make sure their covers were on.
Well I was in Barbara's room and I heard a car engine pull up in front of the house and doors slam and guys voices, so I peeked out the front window. Two big men had gotten out of the car in front of the house - one was kind of dancing around in the street (sorry don't know how to describe it - he was kind of moving around all agitated) and the other came running up into our yard, up by the hedges toward the house!! "Robbie! There's guys in our yard! There's guys in our yard!" I yelled, thinking Robbie would spring into action downstairs. Then I peeked back out and I don't know what posessed me but I yelled out the window, "Hey! What are you guys doing!!??" The one in my yard moved out towards the car and he yelled back something like "We're just getting our guys - we're not in your yard or nothing!" They soon got back in their car and drove up the road - they looked like they were waiting to pick up someone else- "Their guys" I guess, and they drove off.
I was shaking!! It was the middle of the night and I had warded off the guys running aorund in my yard! Barbara was half asleep- I didn't know if she understood what was going on, but she settled right back down to sleep and remembered nothing of it in the morning so that's good! When I got back downstairs I asked Robbie (who was sleeping in bed) did you even hear me yelling?? He said yes, and then I asked, Well did you go check out in the front yard? He kind of mumbled yes again. I was so out of it and confused and freaked out I didn't even press him further. I tried to go to sleep, to no avail, and then Leo woke up to nurse twice more that night. When I finally just got up for the day at 5:45 I was barely fuinctioning I was so tired!
Robbie had no recollection of it, and never really even heard me yelling! (SOOO comforting, huh!) I was a little miffed because I thought surely he had my back! He tried to tell me I must have been dreaming it all! No way was I dreaming, because I never even went to sleep from the beginning!
It was a crazy night. I dragged myself through with Sam & Leo until 10:30 A.M. with the help of the television set, at which time I gave Sam lunch!! lol and put him down for nap! Thankfully, he went right to sleep and so I got to nap with Leo for about 2 hours. Needless to say though, I didn't get much done yesterday. How bizarre!
No comments:
Post a Comment