As a follow up to that laundry post, but not at all related... I finally found my ipod ear buds so while I was folding laundry I was catching up on some old tunes, and I happened upon my old Josh Groban favorite, "You Are Loved". I've always thought of this song as what God would sing as a love song from Him to me.
I was thinking about the power that music has over our psyche, both its constructive and destructive power. I have a strong gravitation toward melancholy, soulful music. But I have to avoid listening to too much melancholy music or it puts me in a funk. That's one of the reason I started to listen to country. (That and I had a Texan boyfriend who left it on the radio when I'd borrow his car- swore I'd never like country!!) It's fun and upbeat. Lately, thanks to my friend John Paul I've started to listen to Christian music, and I'm surprised to find that it's a really good blend between soulful but yet uplifting. I always thought of Christian pop music as hokey or cheesy, but there's some really good stuff out there nowadays!!
Anyhow, here is the song You Are Loved.
1 comment:
I totally agree about Christian music too--it's so much better than it used to be!!! :)
Post a Comment