I want to start a running list of all the places RObbie and I and the kids have been! We may not have been able to give them a lot of THINGS, but we both agree that we have given them a TON of rich experiences, with all of our cross-country drives and trips. They have seen a LOT of different states and learned a lot along the way. I'm going to need Robbie to help me think of all the different trips. There have been at least 7-10 trips just to Texas I think! Besides all of the neat places they've been and thinhgs they've seen, I think they learned SO much from the journeys themselves- following a map, distance and time, the extreme bonding experiences with each other, how to entertain yourself for hours on end without a DVD player, the alphabet game, mad libs, 20 questions, learning all sorts of info and trivia about States, etc. , etc... I'm going to need Robbie's amazing memory to think back to all of our drives, but here's the start of my list. I didn't include all the TX ones yet because they are jumbled up in my brain:
Robbie and I :
Grand Cayman Islands (honeymoon)
Mexico (several months before prggo w Barbara)
Honduras (visit to Jonathan in the Peace Corps.)
Door County, various b&b's up North WI, snowmobiling, Split Rock Lighthouse
Eau Claire with Barbara- 3 months
TXwith Barbara 8 mos
Kansas w BB- 10 months
drive to Arkansas Jimmy 2 months and Barbara 21 months (Matt Garrison's ordination)
Fly to Boston the next week (Taylor's graduation)
Drive to Maine for Marshall's wedding. Even ate lobster :)
Drive to MA for Thad's vows - saw the Statue of Liberty, toured Hershey Chocolate Factory,
Devils Lake State Park- camping and hiking through big rocks and cliffs
Drive to Nashville for Sr. Elinor's vows- saw Louisville Slugger bat factory, toured a cave at Mammoth Caves
Other visits: Houston Zoo, Chicago Musseum of Science and Industry, Shedd Aquarium, Space Center in Houston, Bluebell Ice Cream Factory tour, climbed to the top of Enchanted Rock in Fredericksburg,
To be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment