Christine at A House Full of Blessings tagged me in this meme, and although I feel like I don't have ANYTHING surprising to write, I will try...
1. O.K. maybe this WILL be surprising, b/c I've never been a partier, and hardly drank much even in college, but I won a game of beer pong at a Halloween party down the block a few years back. My neighbor friend showed up at my house at 9 or 10 pm in costume, and had me throw on some cowboy boots and a hat and come with her to the party. I'd never played beer pong (or had so much beer at once) but apparently I have quite a talent for it, as well as a pretty high tolerance level! My neighbors were impressed.
2. I've gone bungee jumping and also was signed up to go sky diving, but got a migraine the morning of. It was a good thing I got the migraine b/c my friend who did go had a faulty parachute controller and ended up floating off into a corn field and having to be rescued.
3. I was the first one to volunteer to climb up the cut off telephone pole and jump off at a high school ropes course. (hmm these all have a daredevil theme so far...)
4. I don't like artificially blue foods. I hate getting my tongue and teeth and lips blue.
5. I have this thing where I sometimes think that because I really DON'T want to do something, that's what God will want me to do. For example, I thought this about 1. becoming a nun, and 2. homeschooling.
6. Even though I don't homeschool my kids, I DO still love to consider myself their primary educator, and feel like I am still teaching them a lot. And I also actually do miss them very much during the day even though I enjoy being able to have more concentrated attention on my little guys during the day and my big guys from 3:00 on.
7. I really love and respect all my homeschooling friends and sometime feel jealous that I'm not in the "club", which is ironic, b/c when I was being homeschooled, I felt the same way b/c I wasn't in school!
8. I'm having trouble here... time to wake up the babies go to the school Halloween party so I will come back and try to post 3 more later!!
3 comments:
Great job, Liz! Isn't this hard? I really struggled coming up with 10 things. I can't believe you're such a dare devil. You are far more daring than I am!
And I totally agree with you on the blue foods. Food coloring of any sort bothers me!
Like I said in my post, I'm not against sending kids to school. Even though I wasn't homeschooled, I always thought of my parents as my primary teachers too. No teacher could ever take their place. I think it's kind of ironic that you struggle with feeling out of the club on the homeschooling thing because I often feel like I'm out of the club for not sending my kids to school. It's such a tough choice for me. I know that my kids would love going to school and participating in all of the fun activities. Sometimes I worry that they might actually learn better from someone other than me. And I also wish I had more time to spend with the little ones. I really struggled with my decision my first year of homeschooling but now I have peace with my decision so I feel that I am, in fact, doing God's will for now. But I don't want to homeschool them forever. I've always thought it would be nice to start sending the kids to school around middle school. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.
Sorry for the long comment. And I hope you decide to keep blogging. It's so fun to see what you guys are up to. Plus, it will make a great trip down memory lane when the kids are older!
Thanks for the comment! I think the reason why i feel out of the club is because the friends I feel I have the most in common with at a core level are you guys, yet the friends I end up spending most of my time with due to circumstance and seeing them more often are not those who feel I could develop a deeper connection with. Yet I know it's not about ME and who I would love to hang out with, it's about the kids and what would be better for them and our family individually. I continue to pray about it, and if I saw signs that they were anything less than thriving, or if they were suffering spiritually or any other way I would definitely rethink our decision and come to a new one! I also need to pray for peace, because guilt and worry are huge stumbling blocks for me!
Just checking out your list after seeing Christine's tag. Hey I never thought about the blue foods but I am the same way. I even hate giving them to the kids. Blue teeth are weird! I enjoyed reading your post. It took me forever to come up with my 10!
Post a Comment