Saturday, October 2, 2010
St. Therese
Yesterday on the feast day of St. Therese, we went to Family Holy hour with the kids, which was extra enjoyable since there was a really good turnout. Since Barbara is Barbara Therese, we made "little flower" brownie bites and I bought her a little gift at the Marian center- a book called "Therese and the Roses". I was really touched by how happy she was with the book! I had forgotten about the present and she brought it up shyly at bedtime. I just thought it was so sweet how excited she was about it! We told her she couldn't stay up to read it since it was already 9:00 but when I tucked her in she told me she couldn't wait to read it in the morning, and that it looked really good from the blurb on the back. She was just tickled. Now, at 7 A.M. she has already run up to tell me that she is over half way through the book and she wanted to tell me about all these different parts so far that she liked. She has to do a book report on a Saint for October, and she was really excited to be doing Elizabeth of Hungary - I wonder if she's going to want to switch now. :) She had called and asked my mom yesterday to help her make an outfit to dress up her American Girls doll like St. Elizabeth for part of the presentation. :) I hope Barbara continues to be inspired by St. Therese - a real girl like her whose small acts of love added up to do great things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment