Whew! Halloween is getting to be as much mommy work as Christmas, what with all the school cupcake baking (had to make for BOTH kids classes last night and carry them in this morning!) costume making - for both halloween and All Saints for 4 kiddos- (and of course I can't simply BUY them, I have too much fun making them!!), things to make to bring to parties (one Halloween and one All Saints), TOT candy to buy, etc. etc.! I'm burning out!
That being said, I am pretty darn stoked about the kids' All Saints costumes, in particular Leo's "Infant of Prague" costume made from two of Barbara's old baby dresses, a puffy halloween baby pumpkin hat, and some gold ribbon, paint and trim I got from Jo-Ann's. It is hilarious! Robbie has actually been telling all sorts of people about it (even non-Catholic!) b/c he likes it so much and thinks it's funny. Poor Leo, though, having to wear a big fancy red dress! I can't wait to post photos. Barbara's and Sammy's will also be cool- Sam is going to be St. Francis of Assisi, and Barbara St. Therese. Robbie just remembered that his Lancton side of the family (although it was his step-father technically) had their family tree traced to the Martin family and are blood relatives of St. Therese! Barbara was SOOO excited to learn this and was so excited to tell her teacher and classmates when we brought in the cupcakes this morning. She is SURE that is why she likes St. Therese so much and is so thrilled that she is "related"!! (I don't have the heart to tell her that "Pop" was actually not a blood relative even though he was Robbie's Dad- plus how do I explain that? they are still 'related' I suppose.)
Happy Halloween and feast of All Saints!
No comments:
Post a Comment