Anyhow, here is my hats and mittens idea. Usually, I have a clear shoe pocket organizer on the inside of the dining room closet, and each family member has a row or so for their winter accessories. However, this year the clear pocket organizer is being used for Leo's outfits, as he is still rooming with us, most of the time. he does have his crib upstairs now, but we usually still end up keeping him in our room for now. Also, the dining room is far from the kitchen, where the kids hang their coats and backpacks and leave for school, so it's not very convenient, at least not for the hats and mittens that are used everyday. (We have several sets of course) So I got a medium sized little tote for each kid, and an iron-on initial for each of their names in yellow to match the kitchen. Ironed on the appliques and voila, I have a little tote to hang on their hook for keeping hats and mittens. They can grab them out in the morning and store them away afterwards. And if we are in a particular hurry some morning to get out the door, they can always grab the entire tote and put them on in the car! Also, I had an idea for drying wet items- I have a microwave bottle sanitizer/dryer that we used with Sam (my only baby who took bottles!) that has a removable instert that's like a little plastic drying tree stand that I can put on the floor in front of the heating vent with hats and mittens on the tines to dry.
Yes, as you may have guessed, I am already gearing up and bracing myself for winter!!
No comments:
Post a Comment