Sunday, April 3, 2011

Beeswax by BB


Everyone should get to use modelling beeswax. It's so soothing to work with! The smell of it reminds me of my childhood, well late childhood as I was almost a teen when I got my first modelling beeswax, but it has a very distict (good) smell and I remember I made an entire Noah's ark menagerie out of it which I kept in my room for quite a while until I left the pieces out on a windowsill and they melted down in the sun. Here are a couple of Barbara's Lenten creations which she gave to her teacher.

2 comments:

Krissy A. said...

So weird that you're posting this now! I actually was just trying to decide if I should get the kids beeswax for Easter. Do you think they're too young for it?

Lagartija said...

That IS weird! It's one of those things you really can't go wrong on, b/c even if it is a little beyond their age, it won't be for long, and it will continue to be beneficial on into adulthood! (My mom got ME a pack of it this year for Christmas ;)) It needs to be warmed up in your hands to work with, so it depends on the kid and their patience level- you'd just have to see how it works out. Joey might love how it feels just to warm it up and squish it, or he may lose interest. I think John Paul would like it - Jimmy does. Fun idea for Easter! Got any more? ;) I LOVE your homeschooling armoire btw, such a great idea to have it all contained and be able to shut the door!