Friday, April 29, 2011

Divine Mercy "Suncatcher"












Here is a craft we did in anticipation of Divine Mercy Sunday. I wanted the kids to have a Divine Mercy image to have in their rooms. We had printable "shrinky dink" paper, that I thought we could use to make suncatchers with the image to suction to their windows. I thought the light rays coming from his sacred heart lent themselves well to suncatchers. Unfortunately, the shrinky dink paper we had was more opaque than the translucent kind I remembered, so it doesn't let the sunlight through as well as I thought, but it still turned out neat and they love it!









First I drew a stained-glass-ish line drawing of the Divine Mercy image. Then I scanned it in and in Picasa (thefree photo software program) you can click and type write on your photos, so I wrote the words.






Next, Barbara colored hers (Jimmy was playing outside and wanted to do his later). We punched a hole at the top and we baked it for 3 minutes in the oven, where it curled up and shrunk! It's nice and hard and durable plastic now.







We used a suction hook to put it in her window. (dollar tree has them, or target, etc)







Feel free to use the drawing. I guess most people probably don't have shrinky dink paper lying around, but Jo-Anns or Michaels has it. Or you can use it as a coloring sheet!






























No comments: