I don't know why, but I am so excited to have matching Easter baskets! I think I remember having these soft ones with our names on them that my mom sewed for us when we were little that I loved. Unfortunately, they were believed to have been accidentally thrown away by my Dad b/c they were stored in black trash bags down in the basement work room. In any case, they were lost, along with countless other handmade items like all of our hand needlepointed Christmas stockings!! I remember my Mom crying about losing those things. I would have too!!! Anyhow, I loved all those personalized things she made us, so I am excited about these baskets, plus they are simple enough and gingham comes in every color, so I shouldn't have trouble if I need to add on down the line! ;)
My husband and kids voted that they liked the baskets in their natural wood states (I think Robbie likes them that way because I was going to make him spray paint them since I have been having carpal tunnel!) so I'm leaving them like this and I can always take off the liners and spray the baskets white a different year if I want. I used fusible webbing to iron on the felt ovals with the letters for names.
yay! Have a good, fruitful Holy Week! And congratulations to my friend "Christine" (pseudonym) and her family, who just welcomed their fifth child!! We can't wait to meet her!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment