Well, since Wednesdayish, I had gotten progessively sicker, to the point where I only now feel like I'm finally returning to the real world. Whatever I have involved coughing, congestion, fever, headache, throwing up and in it's culmination, pink-eye. I have a phobic dread of pink-eye, perhaps because I am vain and hate how I look when my eyes are all puffy and red and crusted over. That and it is incredibly contagious and all the pillowcase washing, hand sanitizing, computer keyboard wiping, etc, gets exhausting.
On Friday we had planned to go to Trivia Night with some friends from St. Joe's and we'd also invited Monica and Jaren. If we didn't go, then neither would M & J and that would have been half the table (our team). So I MADE myself go and despite feeling like I was in a haze and not having much of a voice(and also not knowing very many if any of the answers) it still was a jolly good time. I was so proud of Robbie, he kicked booty! I think he knew 90% of our answers, which resulted in our team tying for first place. I am convinced that his knowledge of the spts, geography and "name that face" - as well as input in every other category- is the only reason we did so well. I know, I shouldn't feed the ego, it's already Texas-sized, but I can't help it I was damn proud of him. We even saw Michael P. there, which was awesome, especially since we beat his table. :)
Anyhow, that night I only slept 3 hours and the following night (last night) I was literally up the whole night, as I could NOT get comfortable enough to sleep. The headache, sniffing, coughing, tossing, turning, heartburn, vomiting, repeat cycle went on and on and on all night. I hadn't been able to keep any food or drink down at all and as a result my stomach was growling and my mouth was so parched I could barely swallow. I tried sleeping sitting in a chair, hoping that would keep me from throwing up, but it didn't work. At one point I actually devolved into crying in despair because I was worried that I was so dehydrated something might happen to the baby. Finally around 5:30 A.M. I had a breakthrough, and I decided i didn't care if I threw up again I needed to drink something, so I took a sip of diet sprite. And miraculously I didn't throw up! Buoyed by this miraculous turn of events, I went downstairs and made a mug of warm milk with Splenda, sipped it up in the rocking chair with pillows and blankets and FELL ASLEEP! It was already morning, but that was O.K. Robbie, who probably didn't sleep very well either, what with all my tossing and turning and pacing and running back and forth to the bathroom and crying fit, got up with the kids. So I slept until 9:30, when I found my eyes were crusted shut. I got Jimmy's prescription eyesdrops from when he had pink eye a few weeks ago and used those and tried some cereal since I had been starving, then went back to rest again until 11:30.
Though I am definitely not my usual self, I am feeling SO much better. My temperature is back down, I made everyone lunch and got a lot of cleaning done, prepped my Spanish class for tomorrow and got things back in order. And Robbie picked up a pizza so I didn't have to cook dinner. :) Now I hope no one else gets this!
1 comment:
Too late, Lizzy! I have a cold and it's probably from you. It's getting better though so I don't think it'll be as bad as yours. See you for watching Jimmy later!!!
Post a Comment