Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Dreams (to be interpreted by Mags)

I am not feeling too well, I think because I had been bragging about how no-one in our family has been sick despite EVERYONE we know and ALL the kids at Barbara's school having been sick recently.

Anyhow, I didn't sleep very well, and when that happens, I am able to remember a lot of my very vivid dreams. I'm hoping Mags can interpret, since she did all that research as posted on her blog.

In the first dream, Robbie and I and the kids were being held at some kind of compound (this is the second dream like this- but a different compound - a winter one) and there is some sort of uprising. I am watching kids playing on a playground and all of a sudden there is a "whiz" silent gunshot and one by one the kids are being picked off the monkey bars, etc. In horror, I find Barbara and Jimmy. In the chaos, Jimmy has to go to the bathroom. Kind of like in "La Vita e Bella" we tell him something like as long as he keeps moving the bad guys can't get him. So he darts into the bathroom and is safe I guess. Then we all lay down pretending to be "asleep" until the gunfire is done and the big room clears out.

In version one of this dream, Robbie gets shot, and I am distraught. I can't take the kids out and bring his body. Everything seems futile, but I know I have to get the kids out so we go out into the snow and I make a plan where I am instructing them how to walk to Grandma's house from the "compound", which I guess is close by, and keep ringing the doorbell (it's the middle of the night) until someone answers the door. I'm not sure what I was going to do then, but at that point I half woke up in a panic and when I fell back asleep I was in the same dream, but it had reset itself so that Robbie was still alive.

This was much more manageable, so once we heard the big trucks leaving with the bad people who had been running the compound, we all walked through the snow to try to get to my parents house. That's where this dream ends.

Now, the next dream is weird too. A friend from my past who I have some issues with gives me this timer thing, that is supposed to be a cool gadget type thing that you pass along, like a forwarded email, and there is some hitch to it. Well, this timer starts going off and it is the most annoying beeping ever, it just keeps going and going and going. I can't figure out how to make it turn off and I am starting to go crazy from the incessant beeping, so I try wrapping it up, hiding it in the garage... We're at my old house where I grew up so I try throwing it down the laundry chute, but no matter what you can still hear it just as loud and annoying as ever. Finally Danny is trying to figure it out, and somehow it turns into a (roasted?) chicken (??????) and people eat parts of it. Jimmy wants a drumstick. And it finally stopped beeping. "See?" Danny says, "It just needed to fulfill it's use and then it stopped". So wise, so wise.

I told these dreams to Robbie and he said it's a good thing he didn't know some of the things about me before we got married, otherwise.... I thought that was kind of mean. :P

Pregnancy makes you have some WEIRD dreams, or maybe just be in such a shallow state of sleep that you can remember them more easily.

So, any interpretations, other than Robbie's interpretation that I'm psycho?

4 comments:

Wanderer said...

Hmmmmm. I might be with Robbie on this one! (just kidding!!)

mags said...

Yes. I think it's clear that the only conclusion that can be made about this dream is that your material wealth is weighing you down, burdening your soul, and ruining your home life.

Kind, caring, loving sister that I am, I volunteer to take all your assets, financial or otherwise, off your hands. In fact, we could just do a little switcharoo- you can move into mom's basement (where, according to the dream you feel much more safe and secure) and I'll take over your house.

I'm free tomorrow around 4pm; you can sign everything over to me then and get all the paperwork out of the way.

PS: The basement is pretty small. I can take Barbara, too. She's old enough now to fend for herself while I'm away.

Kay Pea said...

Have you been watching any of the following movies lately: The Terminator, anything with Nazis, war camps, holocaust themed, 24 or anything by John Grisham?

If so, you should stop. And turn to a lighter fare, like dancing panda bears or flying ponies.

Danny Boy said...

I think my delicious chicken-y wisdom says it all