Partly because I don't have anything in particular to blog about, but also because I'm always curious what an average quotidian life is like for people, I decided I to post what I did today. Then if anyone else wants to join in and do the same, feel free to do so in a comment. I mean, I think I know everyone who reads this pretty well, but I'd be curious what we ACTUALLY do on a normal old day...
7:00 got to get up late because Robbie is off for MLK day and kindly offered to take Barbara to school
breakfast
showered
dressed
got Jimmy dressed
folded 2 loads clothes - Jimmy watched show
"School at Home" with Jimmy:
Calendar Time
matched upper case and lower case letters A-E, traced curvy lines on a paper
Robbie left to go in to catch up at work
Playtime- made a blocks city and destroyed it
Snack time- nuts and raisins mix
Game time - Memory
Art time- painted and finger painted
Lunch
Jimmy watched Dora with his blankie and pillow down the basement
while I walked on the treadmill 1/2 hour
Nap time for Jimmy
Me on the computer
Cleaned the house
Folded 2 more loads of clothes Jimmy didn't nap so finally I let him get up and he wanted to help me vacuum up the stairs and sweep. he thought of those chores on his own! So cute.
2:45 - Robbie home (late GRRR) from work - he watched Jimmy instead of Mom and picked up Barbara from school
2:50- left to teach Spanish at BA(usually I leave at 2:30 and drop off Jimmy at moms, p/u Barbara early from school and bring her with me) IT was quite a trek in the snow and my car almost didn't make it up the hill at BA.
3:15 - 4:15 After School Spanish
4:30 home - crazy traffic b/c of the snow - and some random pickup truck was honking really loud, so I was trying to find out what was wrong- but really everyone was just stuck in traffic. Then the same pickup pulled up next to me and two guys were looking over at me with their window cracked, so thinking maybe something was amiss with my car I rolled down the window and asked, "what?". "Oh nothing, we're just freaking out because the girl back there (cars behind?) looks just like you." WTF? O.K. dere.
5:00 Get home late, throw on jeans, Robbie is shoveling outside with the kids- we hop back in cars and drive to "culvers night" fundraiser with friends from St. Joe's
6:10 leave to drive to tutor- barely made it in time the snow was so bad and had to pull over to scrape off the wipers b/c I couldn't see anything.
6:30- 7:30 tutor Daijajuan at the library
7:45 - HOME
take off wet socks and jeans, change into cozy Cuddle Dudz long underwear, flannel lighthouse nightgown that Grandma and Grandpa gave me, and wool socks
Put out clothes for the kids and me for tomorrow
made orange spice tea, and now I'm going to watch American Idol and Amazing Race with Robbie.
Good Night!
No comments:
Post a Comment