Sunday, January 20, 2008

Destination Maternity....and beyond

I went to a cool maternity store yesterday with Robbie and the kids, in search of the elusive dress. Actually, it's three maternity stores in one, Mimi, Motherhood and a Pea in the Pod, but the whole thing is called "Destination Maternity"

You walk in the door, and are greeted, offered bottled waters, told the rundown of the store setup, directed to what you are looking for, and set up with a dressing room. Meanwhile, your kids are shown the kids play area in the center of the store, where there is a short soft-foam wall enclosing an area with toys and a TV screen playing kids shows and the husband is directed to the dad's area right next to the kids area, with leather chairs and a flatscreen TV playing sports, and magazines like SI to read.

I got to try on dresses in peace, the kids (and I include Robbie on this) got to enjoy themselves, and no-one was stressed out when we left. In fact, it took a while to get both the kids AND Robbie to want to leave! So, it was more than 19.99, even on sale, but I got a dress.



This one shows the embellishments at the neck. By the way, I wanted to kill two birds with one stone and also show you the bunk bed the kids were handed down from Aunt Emily, so I posed by the bunk bed. :) They are SOOOO excited to have a bunk bed, so much so that I don't think Jimmy slept very much last night! Barbara took this photo from the top bunk:



The best part of the experience was leaving with the cute bag with your purchases wrapped in pink tissue. What can I say, I'm a sucker for presentation.

1 comment:

Wanderer said...

Cool store! :) Take good care of my bunkbeds!!!!!