I pulled this slip of paper out of Barbara's folder the other day and asked, "What's this Barbara?" She replied, nonchalant, "Oh, that's my ipod. I made it at center time." She had drawn it true-to-size with all the right buttons, I guess from memory?? I have had my ipod put away for the last couple months at least, I swear she has a photographic memory for drawing!
If you look at the screen, the title of the song playing is "I like God". I love Barbara! She is such a fun mix of modern and old-school. An ipod that plays "I love God" songs.
In other news, Uncle Matt is back from the wilderness! With a big scruffy beard. Jimmy welcomed him back by rattling off, "And you can come to my house and take care of me when Mommy goes exercising (?? hello? I use a treadmill at home- maybe he's remembering back to my belly dancing classes?) and you can watch Survivor man with me, but we can only watch survivor man at night, but we can watch Dora the Explorer and Magic School Bus in the day, and another one, and another one, and another one!" He has it all planned out.
I could not do what Matt is doing, it is so extreme. They are living OUTSIDE 24/7 with these kids, and the weather is basically the same as here. They have to dig their own latrines and other holes and bury them every night, they have to boil water that they hang in bladders and quirt down on themselves (in the 10 degree weather) for showers, they make little bread cakes out of grains and water heated on ashes, and get rations of canned ham, tuna, dehydrated vegetables and such. The kids get ONE new pair of undies a week. They don't have tents even out in the snow, they have tarps they can rig up. NO THANK YOU. It is a very interesting program, though and Matt has really been doing well at it!
1 comment:
Barbara is so cute. I don't see her nearly as often though now that she's in school full time!!!
Post a Comment