Thursday, December 27, 2007
Could Someone Slap Some Sense into me?
I'm having a little pitiful bout of jealousy after viewing my SIL's Christmas photos. I'm jealous of her spacious, pristine, modern house. I've spent the ENTIRE day since right after my last post trying to clean and reorganize our little home to try to squeeze all the new Christmas presents, mostly the toys. If you've seen my basement and the high shelf of neatly labeled toy bins you know I can get a little anal about organization. And when I am pregnant I am basically "nesting" the entire 9 months (O.K. even when I'm not pregnant I'm like that) and I get into these funks where I want to achieve perfect order. All I can see is all the flaws and overcrowded areas of our not-so-modern house and all I can think of is all the changes I'd like to make and I end up wishing I could remodel the entire house. Then I look at SIL's photos and see her house with everything nice and in order and I know even her laundry room is clean and cozy, unlike our spider-webby back basement laundry room with the burgeoning storage shelves and piles of stuff. I need a little perspective, here! Hopefully Jonathan will read this and remind me that compared to Honduras we've got it good. Or Maggie will read this and remind me that at least I'm not in my parents' basement being eaten alive by spiders.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hmmm. Sounds like you've reminded yourself? :)
So how about that kodak-gallery invite?
It´s true - having all of those toys, drawing books, and reading books is a great luxury. I know I sound trite and apologies for that. But your children are able to stimulate their minds much more regularly because of this. I´m willing to bet that the number of books in your house is more than the number of books in the only library in town. While that may make for a cramped life, I also think it makes for a richer one.
Jonathan
Thanks guys! Well, mostly Jonathan. :) You are so right and I am out of my funk today. I got the house pretty well cleaned and organized by last night and even the whirlwind of kids that were over today only left some surface mess to put away. No, it's not your perfect model home, but it is a very comfortable and cute and fairly organized home, and it's OUR home with all of our memories. Not everyone keeps all the books and office/art supplies around that we do but really I'm glad that we do because they are things that enrich our lives.
liz...home is where the heart is.
Post a Comment