Well apparently my high school found a file cabinet drawer of letters they had us all write to ourselves back in 1995 at the "Five Star Seminar" we went on in Door County. They were supposed to send them out in 2000. 10 year later... Since I am just lazing around today during naps, recovering from the puking day, here is the letter (Christine I want to see yours on your blog!!) It was not long so I typed it in. What a dork I was (and still am!) :
"Dear Elizabeth,
O.K. I'm here in Door County on Feb 2, 1995 for Brookfield Academy's 5-Star seminar on character. Just so you have a little background...Today I woke up early after having stayed up until 3:00 a.m. talking to Meg S. Last night we had eerie feelings about Jenny B. and Chris S's relationship, and we felt like the devil was in our room. Remember all that? Good, because I'm too tired to explain it. (parenthetical yawn :O) I wonder if I've changed drastically over the past 5 years. Am I still so quiet and pensive? I don't mind if i am, just so long as I haven't lost my depth and my faith. How is Matthew? I'd better know! Do I (you) think I am going to marry him? Right now I do. Is society going along just as it was? Is abortion still legal? Have I faced any huge obstacles and difficulties which I've overcome successfully? I hope I still keep God's will in mind constantly in my life. I don't even care to speculate on what I've become - I am still the same person. Whatever has happened to me is God's will. Am I still happy?? Am I still asking questions all the time?? I hope I realize that I don't know even 1/(infinity sign) of the answers, and I never will. I only know one true answer - God. O.K. I'm not in the mood for all this philosophy - my eyelids are being pulled slowly downward. Meow. Love? from: myself Elizabeth A.T. "
1 comment:
Thanks for typing that all out. Mine is way more melodramatic so I don't think I'll be posting mine for the public, sorry! But it was fun reading yours!
Post a Comment