I was just walking by this (below) living room mess and sighing to myself as I tallied up all the different things I'd have to pick up and clean up before getting to relax with my hubby. (This is just one small mess among many!) Then Jimmy says to me, "Mommy, I'm going to pick one of the things to do and I'm going to pick clean up the living room". How does this magic happen? Well every November at the kids' school they have a food drive where each child is asked to bring a few items from a list of Thanksgiving foods to create boxes for the House of Peace. Families can also get a whole box to fill themselves, which Jimmy requested on his own this year. The teachers encourage parents to have the children do jobs to "earn" the food items so it is truly from them and from the heart, not just another thing for parents to pick up and send in. So every year in our dining room we create a little food pantry with "price tags" that are jobs to help out around the house. We went to Aldi as a family and purchased all the items earlier this morning. Not only do we get to help the hungry, and have the kids participate at their level, but I get a lot of help around the house at a hectic time of year! It's a win-win-win!! :) I put an after photo to show what a nice (and quick!) job Jimmy did.
2 comments:
First of all - this is super cool and it seems like your kids go to a great school and um - that before pic looked like our after pic :: You have a really clean house:)
Wow! How awesome on so many levels! Good job Jimmy!
Post a Comment